I survived the home appraisal! To celebrate, I took a break from the decluttering schedule for most of the week. But I did make a date for a couple to help me remove some of the larger, heavy items from my living room.
Yesterday I jumped back into my schedule of cleaning two rooms for 15 minutes each twice a week. You know what that means? More found surprises!
Seven More Items Found While Decluttering
- A pasta bowl set from Crate and Barrel, the kind that consists of a serving bowl and four pasta dishes. I don’t remember buying it and I’m not sure why I would. I already have a pasta set I love which I bought in Italy. Maybe I bought it for a wedding gift?
- More old Mary Kay cosmetics. I think I’ve now thrown out all of them. It only took five or six large trash bags!
- A package of scrapbooking paper. Since I’ve decided to create some memory books of my parents, I’m going to see if anything might be useable. If not, out it goes.
- A nearly full box of high-quality paper for resumes and cover letters. I’ve had the paper, and the matching envelopes, for over 20 years at least, possibly as long as 33 years—that’s ⅓ of a century! They’re going out for recycling pickup.
- The board game Clue. I think I tried giving it to Goodwill once, but they wouldn’t take open board games. Since Clue is my favorite game, I’ve decided to keep it. (For now.)
- A bag of yarn with a partially knit sweater on a broken needle, along with a book of sweater patterns. Sorry, organization gurus, it’s staying. I’ll reuse the yarn. And I love knitting patterns—something I have in common with Albus Dumbledore. 😉
- A picture of me watching the sunset on a beach in Carmel, CA. My best friend took another picture with me facing the camera. It was a lovely photo, especially since I’m not particularly photogenic. I gave it to my parents who kept it by their telephone for many years. After their deaths, I retrieved it and eventually gave it to a guy I thought might be “The One.” Turns out he wasn’t, and the creep didn’t return the photo.
And the list doesn’t include the several large cardboard boxes I broke down for recycling. I thought about keeping them to us for hauling things to Goodwill. But I’d prefer to just get them out of the house.
1 thought on “Another Cleaning Sunday Seven”