Decluttering uncovers loads of surprises. Most are trash, some are treasures, and some (almost) defy description. And all within 15 minutes!
Seven Interesting Things I Found in My Den
- A picture of the Nautical Notes, a select offshoot of the Newport Navy Choristers, a choral group I sang with during my Newport days. I’m the only woman in uniform (Mess Dress Blues).
- A cassette tape titled “Sigel Overholt: the First 100 Years,” a biography my Uncle Rod put together for Grandpa‘s 100th birthday party. It definitely needs to be transfer it to digital.
- My father’s trinket box, which I remember from childhood. In it I found enough items for another Sunday Seven. 🙂
- Four USB cords to various small electronic devices (camera, GPS, etc.) and a synchronizing cable for a Palm organizer. A Palm! Are they even still around?
- A USB mouse, highly valuable for when the batteries in the wireless mouse die—which seems to happen much too often.
- A Motorola flip phone, pre-Razr. Geez, how many iterations ago was that?
- Two 8×10 photos of Benjamin Bratt, from the Web 1.0 days when I ran a fan site for him. One is from After the Storm and the other from Piñero (autographed). I have no idea where I got them.
And that list doesn’t include the boring things!