NaBloPoMo Mid-Month Check-In
Wow, I’m 15 days into NaBloPoMo June 2013, and still going… maybe not strong, but going, nonetheless. Fifteen consecutive blogging days has to be some kind of record for me. So, yay!
What have I gained from the experience?
- I found two photographs of my parents I’d been searching for. One is their wedding photo. (The other is a great story, too, which I’ll tell later. )
- I’m finally starting to scan pictures from old family photo albums into the computer, something I’d been thinking of doing for a very long time.
- Along the way, I’m sorting through some of my digital photos and trying to get them organized, as well.
- My “nibblings” (two nephews, one niece) now know about the blog and seem pleased to learn more about their paternal grandparents.
- And lastly, I’m not watching as much shopping television, which helps my self-imposed shopping embargo.
Anything else I hope to learn? I’d like to find my passion. What do I love writing about? What do I love doing? Is it enough to write a Greatest Generation memoir, or do I need something else to motivate me? This can’t be answered in a month, but it’s a start.