It’s the last day of NaBloPoMo June 2013. I made it! ~⚛throws confetti⚛~ It’s also Sunday, and that means another Sunday Seven.
After my successful 4 week shopping embargo, I realized I hadn’t bought myself anything for my birthday. So I lifted the embargo. (Wouldn’t you, too, for a birthday?) Here’s what I bought electronically.
Seven Birthday Gifts
(from me to me)
I’ve posted pictures on Pinterest and Springpad. (I’m not sure if it was less work than posting them here, or more.)
- A pair of slide sandals from Zappos. I live in slide-on shoes—sandals in the summer, clogs in the winter.
- A New Yorker artwork beach towel from QVC., as homage to a beach towel I received for my birthday years ago. It was a sailboat with red sails at sunset. I loved it! It’s worn and threadbare, but I don’t have the heart to throw it out. This new towel has lots of sentimental value, too, because my favorite uncle gave me a subscription to the New Yorker magazine from many years.
- A “painter stripe” tunic t-shirt from QVC. Because you can never have too many t-shirts (in retirement). Plus, it matches a turquoise pair of shorts I have.
- Two pairs of Bermuda shorts from QVC, one in dark denim, and one white. But they’re too big, even though I ordered a size smaller than usual. So they’re going back. 😦 (I’m sure I’ll find something to replace them. 😉 )
- A Randy Jackson timepiece (watch) from HSN. He has some beautiful watches, and I’ve been wanting one with a white watch strap for a couple years. And it was on sale.
- Those moonstone & amethyst Nicky Butler earrings I longed for at the beginning of my embargo. They were still in my HSN “cart” when I ordered the watch. It was meant to be: moonstone is my birthstone, and amethyst is my mother’s.
- A summer weight cotton blanket and throw from HSN. (Check the second picture for colors.) The throw is for when I nap on the sofa (my acrylic “fluffy” being way too warm), and the blanket will be cooler than the quilt currently on the bed.
One thought on “Sunday Seven Shopping”